Monday, March 31, 2008

Idol chatter

"American Idol" has rounded the corner and we're headed into the Top 10 countdown this week. Overall it's been a pretty middling season overall, there's no one who really stands out as a marketable talent who's the full package, though there are quite a few who have a bunch of things working for them. Jason is one of my favorites, he's so unlike the other contestants it's refreshing, and reminds me of someone I would actually be friends with. Michael from Australia is another favorite, he has good taste in music, which has been revealed in his song choices, and he's pretty darn cute. David Cook is the one to watch I think. He's a little pretentious, but anyone who can make me like Lionel Richie's "Hello" has got it going on. As for the girls, well, there's not much to say, unfortunately. Carly has a really good voice, and everyone else is totally forgettable except for Brooke, who is probably the only contestant who I'd consider buying their album.

No comments: